Top safety tips from C&G Services
On the eighth day of Christmas, the tip from C&G……………………..
Some good advice from the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM)
• if you cannot see clearly use dipped headlights
• you should only use front and rear fog lights in fog where visibility is 100 metres or less
• use the windscreen wipers and washers as you need them
• drive so that you can always stop in the distance you can see to be clear in front of you
• check your speedo – it’s easy to go too fast
• do not accelerate to get away from a vehicle which is following too closely
• brake early and gently so that your brake lights warn drivers
• at junctions wind the window down and listen for traffic
• fog varies in thickness – don’t be caught out by a change in density
Remember: Don’t rush this Christmas, take your time and get to your destination safely!
(Next Tip – Wednesday 18th December!!)